Translate

Wednesday 5 February 2014

GARNIER OLIA REVIEW

Is all the fuss about Garnier Olia true? 

Hello my fellow readers,

So I have been meaning to go back to my natural colour for a while. Don't get me wrong really did love my brown hair, but I couldn't stand to do my roots every 3 months because a) I don't want to spend too much money on my hair and b) I am a student so I don't have much time on my hands. For all these reasons, I thought it was best to dye my hair black.

While I was on my quest to find the perfect hair dye, I came across the much hyped about Garnier Olia. This hair dye had won multiple beauty awards and had great reviews. According to the Olia website, hair should feel feels "35% softer, looks 17% shinier" Also it "contains no ammonia." Olia was starting to sound like my dream hair dye for me, so I just had to try it out.

I purchased Garnier Olia at Pak n' save for $13 NZD. My colour was 1.0 deep black.


I must say I really do love the packaging of this dye. I feel like it had excellence design and it really appeals to the eye.



This box dye comes with.....
- A pair of gloves
- Set of instructions
- Developer cream
- Colorant cream
- A generous tube of conditioner
- An applicator bottle




The applicator bottle was designed in the shape of a oil drop and this is appealing and all but it was not very practical. I found it quite difficult to grip the bottle when I was dyeing my hair.




So this was my hair before...
It was a pretty standard brown colour.


















And here is my hair after coloring my hair using Garnier Olia....


So just like excepted my hair was black again.

So did this hair dye work??
Yes it did.

Is it the best hair dye I have ever used?
I am not sure. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I did not feel like my hair was "35% softer, looks 17% shinier" as the box suggested. In saying that my hair was not in a worse condition than before which is quite a good thing. Also I found this hair dye really difficult to rinse out. I still see black hair dye coming out of my hair and I have ruined numerous white towels.

Would I purchase it again?
Maybe. One thing I love about Olia is the amount of product you get. I have really long hair and I only needed half the box. Also It comes with a generous sized conditioner which is uncommon in many box dyes. Olia is a great value for your money. It also has a good colour range so in the future I might use it again.

My Overall experience with Garnier Olia was satisfactory. I will keep your posted on how long the colour will last.

MY RATING: 3.5/ 5 



No comments:

Post a Comment