Translate

Monday 13 January 2014

HOW TO: Makeup for Hooded Eyes:

Hello my fellow readers,



I know it has been a while since I have last posted but in the year of 2014, one of my new years resolutions is to post on my blog more often. From now on I will be posting every Monday so look out for that :)



Today I have a tutorial on how to do makeup for hooded eyes. Growing up I could never find makeup techniques that worked for my eyes. I have now developed a few makeup techniques that are well suited for hooded eyes so I decided to share some tips with you guys. In saying that, this makeup look can still work for any other eye shape.



Step 1:

- Start out by applying an eye primer all over the eyes to stop your eye shadow from creasing.
- Next apply a creamy flesh toned eye shadow all over the lid.
- Then add a matte warm toned brown eye shadow/Bronzer to the crease.The trick with
  hooded eyes is to apply this brown colour just slightly above your actual crease for the illusion of                 deeper eyes.











Step 2:

-Next add a darker matte brown to your actual crease and outer corner of the eyes. Matte shades in the  crease work best for hooded eyes as it doesn't extenuate hooded appearance.





Step 3:

-Add a shimmery shadow to the center of the eye. Here I have used a light pink shadow with green shimmer.  Highlighting the center of the lid using shimmer gives the eyes more depth.





Step 4:

- Apply gel or liquid liner. Here i have slightly winged out the end to give the eye more of a cat eye look. Try  to keep the eyeliner as thin as possible if you have hooded eyes.
- Next add a MATTE white shadow to the brow bone. It is essential that the brow bone color is matte if you   have hooded eyes.




Step 5 :

-Apply your favorite mascara. Here I have used Maybelline falsies mascara. I skipped false lashes since i feel like it give hooded eyes more of closed in appearance. If your real lashes are very short, apply natural looking false lashes to complete the look.


Feel free to leave comments and suggestions on what you guys want to see next.
xoxo

















No comments:

Post a Comment